My South Beach Journey

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Retail Therapy

I went on a power shopping trip yesterday. I had to. I cleaned out my closet (well, technically I'm still in the process of it) and I have virtually barely anything that fits me anymore. And with skirt/dress season coming up around the corner, it's time. I started out at Ross with the intention of looking for boots and pants. Yeah. Not so much. I left with about 6 new shirts (all under $40.00, I might add).

Next stop was Dillards. They have an addition 30% off of the 75% off of clearance sale going on right now. I bought a skirt, some clogs, a nice pair of boots, 2 dresses, a shirt, and a bra ~ all for $125.00 (I gulp when I say that, but really ~ the boots alone were originally $139.00 and I got them for under $30.00!!!!).

I'm not usually a splurger. Really, I'm not. You're talking to the girl who hates to shop ~ because I hate to try things on. I hate looking in the mirror. Or maybe I should say I used to hate it? It's not so bad now. I can actually look in the mirror and see what I look good in. That's a milestone for me, because normally I pick myself apart. I see things that aren't there ~ or I exaggerate what's actually there. I'm working on it. I still see things, but not as badly as I used to.

Anyway, it was quite a treat to splurge on myself ~ size 10 and size 12. Woo-hoo!

Labels: ,


Posted by Dev :: 10:30 AM :: 8 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------