My South Beach Journey

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Restarting and Regrouping

First off, I've been blogging more over at my Blog to Lose page ~ so if you don't see me here, you'll more than likely see me there :-) If you haven't joined blogtolose.com yet, please do!! Roni has built an excellent, supportive community there. No matter what healthy eating plan you choose to do, I'm sure you can find someone doing the same thing, or at least similar.

Well, Day 1 went by without a hitch. I'm on to day 2. So far, so good :-) I plan on going back to the gym tonight for at least an hour of cardio and I may even add in strength training ~ we'll see. I like doing my strength training at home more, but I will add the resistance machines in every once and awhile. I should correct myself. I like doing my legs at the gym ~ but I hate the arm machines. I'd rather use my hand weights (I alternate between 3lb, 5lb, and 10lb).

I got my newsletter by Jillian Michael this morning and wow ~ God must have known I needed it. It's all about emotional eating. As I read the article, I got excited. Essentially, it's 2 questions you should ask yourself before you eat: 1) Are you hungry; and 2) Are you depressed or anxious? I may experiment and actually journal on these questions before I eat. We'll see. I eat every 3 hours or so, so that may be entirely too much journaling. I suppose I could just update the original blog post as I go.

P1

B: Eggbeaters w/ broccoli & lf cheese
S: Red peppers
L: Salad w/ red peppers, red onion, grilled pork & s&s dressing
S: Cucumber & 1/4 c. soynuts
D: Tuna salad w/ sf pickles, red onion, lettuce, tomato
S: NSA Fudgesicle
E: 60 min gym (elliptical, bike, crosstrainer)

Labels:


Posted by Dev :: 7:47 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------