My South Beach Journey

Monday, March 24, 2008

Recent Splurge

I've splurged again. Not on clothes this time, but on exercise dvds and equipment. This is it. No more. I need to save my money for groceries. Oh, and bills. Besides which, I need something new to try exercise wise. I don't want to get in a rut with my current workouts.

First and foremost. Look what came in the mail today. The newest version of Zumba Fitness! I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am about this. Of course, it would come in on a day when I have the kiddos so won't be exercising. But....there's an inner drive in me that is tempted to do the 20-minute express workout when I get home tonight. At 10pm. I'm telling you, if you're not familiar with zumba, go to www.zumbafitness.com right now and check it out.

Next, I got Biggest Loser Power Sculpt. I'm new to the whole Biggest Loser craze. I've never watched it before this season, but once I started watching, I became hooked. So, what's not to love about the workouts. I'm hoping they really inspire and motivate me. And since I got Power Sculpt, I got Cardio Max too.

Finally, I got The Complete Workout by Jillian Michaels. Frontside and Backside. It says it's for beginners, but I don't know. From what I've read, and what I've been told the only reason it's labeled that way is because she goes through each movement with you, explaining why and what you're hoping to accomplish. I'm not exercise beginner, but I still like to know what and why I'm doing something.

Friends are laughing at me now, but in a good way. I'm being accused of being addicted to exercise. I really don't know what they're talking about (I say facetiously).

Labels: ,


Posted by Dev :: 3:28 PM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------