My South Beach Journey

Friday, January 18, 2008

10 lbs

10 pounds are gone since I rededicated on January 2. Which, if I'm honest, is what I gained from my "break" during the holidays. But 'tis okay. I expected it. My goal is to lose another 8.5 pounds before my next doctor's appointment March 5; and then another 10 pounds before vacation on April 23. I think I can do it. Jeez, I better now since I have it in writing.With that said, I've got to get better at going to the gym. I just hate the New Year's rush and fighting to even get a machine. If I don't get an elliptical, I'll usually do something else, but my heart just isn't in it. Then, of course, there are always other things that come up. Monday, for example, I was all set to go ~ had to my bag packed and everything; then my sister called and needed a ride home (hubby had been working on her car and was now stuck at home with all 4 kids). Well, I ended up bagging the gym for dinner at my sister's and by the time I got home, I didn't want to do aerobics. Tuesday was Walmart and Costco day so hadn't planned on anything. Tonight should have been gym night, but Mom's in town so will go bumming around with her instead. Tomorrow, dinner at my sister's. Friday. Okay, Friday's a go. I can make that happen. Saturday and Sunday should be free and clear also. Then the week starts all over again. See how easily it comes to avoid? So, I need to get better.And yay, next week I can start having carbs again. It's a sad, sad thing when the only thing you're really excited about is a bowl of oatmeal.So, where are my fellow dieters out in blogland? How are things going for you? What's keeping you motivated?

~~~

I've discovered a few new favorite tv shows. FitTv and Discovery Health are some of my new must-see-tv stations. The National Body Challenge on Discovery Health is awesome. I love it. I also really like Healthy Decadence on FitTv even if Devin Alexander is a tad annoying ~ she's got some good ideas.

~~~

I'm still on the fence about The Biggest Loser. I've never watched it before, but decided to tune in this season for some motivation and maybe some tips. Yeah, not so much. A lot of yelling, a lot of pushing limits, and I'm thinking to myself "this is supposed to be motivating?" I'd probably tell them none-too-politely to kiss off and just up and leave. I'm sorry, but yelling at me does not motivate me to do anything except to yell back. Then there's the whole how-healthy-can-this-really-be factor. The overabundance of excercise and the huge amounts of weight loss within a week's time just doesn't seem healthy to me. How are they going to continue those habits when they leave the house? Are they going to be able to maintain/continue losses? Are they learning to lead a healthy lifestyle? What about a support system? The questions keep coming...... Last night's episode, though, was better than last week's so I'll tune in for another week. I just can't stop myself.

~~~

Today's Menu:

P1
B: 3 eggs w/ 1 slice 2% American cheese
S: Red peppers
L: Salad w/ edamame, turkey pepperoni, green onion, garlic, basil, lf mozzarella, lf balsamic vinaigrette
S: 1/4 c. cashews
D: Blackened mahi-mahi w/ lemon dill sauce & broccoli
S: 2 NSA Fudgesicles
E: None ~ must get better at this.

Labels:


Posted by Dev :: 9:16 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------